I am so late to getting to this post. Kids and babies will do that lol.
Covid really taught me how to be more self sufficient and really helped me increase my knowledge of how to do things at home myself.
I found out about dip powders a long time ago and had always wanted to try doing it myself, and Covid just really helped me bite the bullet and buy myself a kit. It really is quite easy once you get it down.
You can check out my reel on this process here.
Let’s get started!
Wash your hands and start with clean nails. I like soaking my hands in warm water to help make the process of pushing back my cuticles much easier.
- Use the the prep polish on your nails. This will help prepare the nails to accept the powder and help it last.
- Add the base coat.
- Dip in the powder at an angle. Make sure to coat the nail so you don’t have any weird gaps or empty spaces.
- Tap off excess and use a clean brush to brush off area.
- Add base coat and dip again.
- Use an activator.
- File and shape to get whatever look you desire.
- Add a top coat. You can get a gloss or matte top coat. Both look great.
- Optional* Add some cuticle oil.
The Gelish brand is my favorite I can get about two weeks out of one manicure. It is fairly inexpensive and when you price out the cost of a manicure with the price of the kit you save so much money doing it yourself. Now of course self care is important so post Covid don’t feel guilty for treating yourself!
Hope you enjoy! Again you can watch me do my manicure here.
Products I use: